[Upgrading Spaceship]

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Hey Guys,

I’ve been figuring out a way to visualise the upgrading progression for the spaceship. Since We’re working with a spacestation, recently renamed to “the citadel”, I though about showing icons around the spacestation that shows your progression of the upgrades already aquired. There are 5 upgrade possibilities; Health, Defence, Attack, FireRate and TravelSpeed. You can also repair your ship with the repair button. Every time you upgrade the next level of your progression shows.

[ART] tech art

Hi guys, this week i continued some more tech art in adition of space station design, modeling, animation and implementation.
the techy stuf i did this week was fixing the Lut’s a little more, added overal more lighting on foreground elements, tweaked the explosion particle effect and implemented it (still spawns on the wrong position). tweaked some materials in favour of visability.
I also added the pirate models into the pirate prefab wich is long overdue.

See you next week!

[Dev] Game Mechanics and Camera

Hey guys,

I forgot to write a blog post last week, so this blog post is about that week as well.

I threw out the splitscreen and implemented a camera that always has the two players in screen. The only problem right now is that it snaps when one of the players respawn.
I also had to fix controller input again, hopefully for the last time.

This week, I presented the idea of a base for each player. If you put in enough resources, the base charges a laser that destroys the other player’s base, and any planets in it’s path! For now, the planets just disappear without any effects, but I hope we can make it more spectacular in future updates.

How it works now is that both players spawn at their base. They can win the game if they destroy the other player’s base. This can be done by simply shooting at it, quite often. Or placing the factories to gather resources, and using these resources to power the death ray, which destroys the base instantly.

Once this fully works, we plan on expanding the base’s functionality by allowing the player to upgrade their weapons at the base. The base will also require a bit of tweaking and testing to see how much resources it requires, and whether it destroys the other base in one go, or does maybe only half damage.